Rubidium for PXI: Astronics PXIe-3352
The Astronics PXIe-3352 is the world’s first PXI rubidium and combines a rubidium oscillator with a GPS receiver into a single, high precision instrument.
As the first test instrument to combine a PXI rubidium source with GPS assist technology, the new PXIe-3352 will be well-suited for use in a variety of commercial and military applications.
The PXIe-3352 is used in either a PXI hybrid or PXI Express slot in a PXI mainframe to provide high precision time and frequency accuracy for measurement equipment. Useful for telecommunications timing, calibration and metrology, and RF subsystems, the PXIe-3352 can be disciplined with GPS satellites for stability and improved accuracy.
Key features include:
- Long-term stability with GPS assist
- High system density due to dual width PXI Express module approach
- Sine and square wave outputs
- Free run mode or lock to a built-in GPS receiver
- Power maintenance through shutoff with external power input
Units will be available later this year and sold through the NI sales channel.